Dear Baha'i friends,
With grieving hearts we share the news of the passing tothe next world of Mrs. Tahereh Rassekh Radpour, in Chattanooga, TN,on Sunday, January 13, 2008,
while surrounded by her loving family.
Mrs. Radpour was 93 years of age at her passing, and she had a longlife of service to the Cause of God.
As a young mother she showed heroic courage in facing down a menacing mob when she and her family pioneered to a village in Iran. When the Beloved Guardian announcedthat Baha'i women in Iran should prepare for participation in Baha'iadministrative service, she took leadership in their education for
this service. She was one of the first two women elected to service on Local Spiritual Assemblies in Iran, and she served as theSecretary of the Tehran Spiritual Assembly for a number of years.
Endowed with a regal bearing and a fearless capacity for speaking the truth, she mentored hundreds of Baha'i youth into leadership roles in the community.
Her loyalty to the Cause and to its institutions,including the Guardian and the Universal House of Justice was exemplary, and she nurtured her large extended family into active service. She leaves 3 children - Kaihan Radpour Strain, IrajRadpour, and Shahrzad Radpour Naderi - 11 grandchildren and 19great-grandchildren.
We request your prayers on her behalf as she enters the sea of light in the world of mysteries.
Visitation will be held on Friday, January 18th from 4 to8 pm at the Chattanooga Funeral Home, North Chapel 5351 Highway 153Hixson, TN 37343. A Memorial service and the reception followingwill be held at 3 pm on Saturday, January 19th, 2008, at TheChattanoogan Hotel, located at 1201 South Broad Street, Chattanooga,TN 37402. Friends who wish to make a donation in Mrs. Radpour'sname are encouraged to remember the Tahirih Justice Center(http://www.tahirih.org/) or Health for Humanity(http://www.healthforhumanity.org/)
Archives du blog
- Aram Adlparvar, A little sweetness has moved on.
- passing of Madame Ruth Blackwell
- Passing of "Miss Jean," Jean Nicholson
- passing of Tahereh Rassekh Radpour
- Passing of Veronica Wilbourn, [L.A., CA, USA]
- passing of Don Johnson, Monterey, CA U
- Passing of Heshmatollah Ehsani
- Memorial Video - passing of prominent Iraqi Baha'i...
- Passing of Parvaneh Kennedy, [MA, USA]
- Passing of Harvey King
- It is with great sadness and feeling of loss that ...
- Passing of Anthony Temple
- Zekrollah Tebyanian
- Passing of Shapour Meshkin
- Passing of Henry Farner
- IN MEMORIAM--Mr. Beman Azadi J.
- IN MEMORIAM
- Prayer day - We will pray I pray that, the whole...
- ▼ juin (19)